Bribery Act 2010 – Statement of Ethics
Hollingsworths Solicitors Limited is a firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We provide legal services and we pride ourselves on our reputation for acting fairly and ethically wherever we do business – with our clients, other lawyers and third parties. Our reputation is built on our values as a company, the values of our employees and our collective commitment to acting with integrity throughout our organisation.
Hollingsworths Solicitors Limited condemns corruption in all its forms and we will not tolerate it in our business or in those we do business with.
We wish to share with you our Statement of Ethics which we operate by. This is of course for our benefit, but the benefit of our clients and those we work with. A conviction for a bribery offence can lead to ten years in prison.
We operate the RIGHT approach within our business, and we can eradicate corruption together:
- Responsibility. You are responsible for your actions. If you break the law, you will have to face the consequences - which could mean a fine, imprisonment, or both.
- Integrity. Don't compromise your integrity. If you think something is wrong, ALWAYS report it. Don't ever let yourself be forced into doing something you know or suspect is wrong.
- Genuineness. Always pay genuine prices for genuine goods and services. Never pay over the odds. Agents who ask for especially large fees or commissions may do so in order to pay bribes on your behalf. If this happens, you will be responsible. Excessive payments are obvious and will always be uncovered.
- Honesty. Act honestly and in good faith at all times and in all aspects of your work.
- Transparency. Keep accurate records (including all invoices and receipts) of everything that you do, especially in relation to the payments you make and what they are for. Full and accurate records demonstrate complete transparency and that you have nothing to hide.